Should You Go Ductless with Your AC?
Should You Go Ductless with Your AC system in Las Vegas. Call (702) 869-8093 Comfort Masters – get high-performance ductless. Ductless air conditioning, as the name suggests, is a system that does not require any ductwork. It can be installed to cool a single room, multiple rooms, or even an entire space by providing both cooling and heating capabilities. Not only does it have numerous advantages, but it also differs from central AC in some keyways.
If you are trying to determine whether a ductless air conditioning system is right for you, we can help you make an informed decision. Keep reading to discover the major benefits of going ductless, as well as situations where sticking with ducts may be preferable.
1. Dual-purpose: A ductless AC unit can both heat and cool your space. With a heat pump system, the indoor coil evaporates refrigerant to remove heat in cooling mode, while the outdoor coil condenses refrigerant to release heat in heating mode.
2. Cost savings: By eliminating the need for expensive ductwork, ductless AC units save you money. Installation costs are significantly reduced, and even existing ductwork may require repairs or modifications, adding to the expense. With ductless AC, this issue becomes irrelevant, leading to substantial cost savings.
3. Allergen-free: Ducts are notorious for accumulating dust, allergens, and irritants over time. This poses a risk to those with allergies or asthma. Ductless AC units eliminate this problem, and our models even include built-in anti-allergen filters, ensuring cleaner air for you and your family.
4. Lower cooling costs: Ductwork isn’t just a breeding ground for allergens; it also contributes to energy waste. Leaky or damaged ducts allow cool air to escape, driving up energy bills and putting extra strain on your AC unit. By directly delivering cool air to each room, ductless AC units provide more efficient cooling, leading to lower energy costs.
5. Greater control: Did you know that ductless AC units can cover multiple rooms or zones? With a multi-zone unit, you can set different temperatures for each space, allowing for personalized comfort and increased energy savings.
6. Perfect for additions: If you’re expanding your home or converting an unfinished space, adding ductwork can be costly and inconvenient. Ductless AC units are the ideal solution, providing efficient heating and cooling without the need for expensive duct installation. Ductless AC units have long been preferred in commercial spaces where only part of a large building needs air conditioning. But they’re increasingly the go-to solution for homeowners as well.
While ductless AC units offer many advantages, there are a few scenarios where sticking with a traditional central AC system the wiser decision might be. Here’s why:
1. Well-maintained ductwork: If you’ve had a professional inspection and your existing ductwork is in excellent condition, there’s no need to replace it with a ductless system. By utilizing your current ducts, you can save money and still enjoy efficient cooling.
2. Cost considerations: Ductless units typically come with a higher initial cost compared to traditional AC units. If you’re only planning to cool one room or have a small space, the upfront investment might not be justifiable in terms of energy savings or long-term benefits. Consulting with Comfort Masters in Las Vegas can help you weigh the costs and determine the most cost-effective option.
3. Large homes: While ductless AC units can be used as a whole-home solution, they may not be the most practical choice for larger homes with multiple rooms. Installing multiple units in a large home can quickly become expensive, making a central AC system a more reasonable and cost-effective choice.