Best Option for Air Conditioner Repair vs Replacement– In Las Vegas you can Trust Comfort Masters to find the smartest option for your family. If your air conditioner breaks down, you’ll need to decide whether to repair it or replace it. Here are some factors to consider:
• Age of the unit: If your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it’s likely less efficient and more likely to break down. It may be more cost-effective to replace an older unit, even if it’s still repairable.
• Cost of repairs: If the cost of repairs is more than half the cost of a new unit, it’s probably best to replace the unit.
• Efficiency of the unit: A new air conditioner will be more efficient than an older unit. This can save you money on your energy bills in the long run.
• Your budget: If you’re on a tight budget, you may need to repair your existing unit, even if it’s not the most cost-effective option in the long run.
If you’re still not sure whether to repair or replace your air conditioner, it’s a good idea to consult with a qualified HVAC technician in Las Vegas. They can assess your unit and give you a recommendation based on your specific situation.
• Consider the severity of the problem. If the problem is minor, such as a clogged filter or a broken fan, it may be worth repairing the unit. However, if the problem is more serious, such as a compressor failure, it’s probably best to replace the unit.
• Get multiple estimates from different contractors. This will help you to get the best price on repairs or replacement.
• Check your warranty. Some home warranties cover air conditioner repairs and replacement. If you have a warranty, check to see if it covers the problem you’re having.
No matter what decision you make, it’s important to have your air conditioner serviced in Las Vegas regularly by a qualified Las Vegas HVAC technician. This will help to prevent problems and extend the life of your unit.
Is your old air conditioning unit not working as effectively as it used to? Did you know that a 10-year-old unit uses twice the energy of a new one? But before you think about replacing it entirely, there are a few things you can do to help your older unit function better and save you money.
One important factor to consider is the condition of your ductwork. Did you know that 10 to 30 percent of the cool air your air conditioner puts out is lost before it even reaches your living space? That means your unit has to work even harder to cool your home, wasting energy and leaving you with a hotter-than-desirable living space.
By having your ductwork inspected and repaired, you can ensure that the cool air is getting to where it needs to be, making your air conditioner work more efficiently and effectively. This not only helps keep your home cooler, but it can also save you money on your energy bills in the long run.
In addition to looking at your ductwork, consider adding insulation to your home. Poorly insulated buildings tend to lose a lot of air, making your air conditioning unit work even harder to cool your space. By adding insulation, you can not only keep your home cooler in the summer, but also warmer in the winter. And if that’s not enough to persuade you, adding insulation can also net you a $500 tax credit!
Is your AC getting up there in years? Before recommending a replacement unit, we always ask homeowners about the age of their AC equipment. On average, air conditioners last between 10-15 years, but regular maintenance can help extend their lifespan. If your unit is reaching its golden years, it might be a good time to consider replacing it. Not only will you benefit from increased efficiency, but you’ll also notice savings on your monthly utility bill.
Regular maintenance is crucial for your AC’s longevity. Yearly maintenance appointments can catch any potential issues before they become major problems and keep your Las Vegas air conditioning unit running smoothly.
So when should you say goodbye to your old AC? Look out for these four signs:
1. Hot spots in different areas of your home, indicating uneven cooling.
2. A noisy AC motor that sounds like it’s struggling to keep up.
3. A sudden increase in your electricity bill that doesn’t match your usage.
4. If you’ve had to call Comfort Masters for repairs more than twice in one year.
To determine if it’s time for a replacement, schedule a maintenance check with Comfort Masters, your trusted Las Vegas air conditioning crew. Spring is the ideal time to make the switch, just before the scorching temperatures hit our region. Trust us to run the numbers and find the smartest option for your family. Contact us today for more information.