Before Turning on Your Furnace in Las Vegas: 8 Things to Check. Las Vegas residents may still be enjoying the last days of summer’s triple-digit heat, but fall is just around the corner. It’s a good idea to start thinking about getting your furnace ready for the cooler weather.
Here are 8 things to check before turning on your furnace in Las Vegas:
1. Clean filters and the unit itself. Dirt and dust can clog your furnace and prevent it from working efficiently. Clean or replace your furnace filter every two to three months, or more often if you have pets or allergies. You should also clean the coils and other airflow parts of your furnace once a year.
2. Switch out old filters for new filters. It’s important to use the correct filter size and type for your furnace. Check your owner’s manual for details.
3. Make sure the thermostat is working optimally. Turn on your thermostat and check to make sure that it’s working properly. If it’s not, you may need to replace it.
4. Look for drafty areas in the home. Seal up any cracks or air leaks around windows and doors to keep heat from escaping.
5. Seal any leaks you find in doors and windows. Use caulk or weatherstripping to seal up any air leaks around windows and doors.
6. Replace batteries and test carbon monoxide detectors. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be fatal. Test your carbon monoxide detectors every month and replace the batteries every year.
7. Note any problems that you find by writing them down. If you notice any problems with your furnace, such as strange noises or smells, write them down so that you can tell the technician when they will come to service your furnace.
8. Be sure to remove any items stored near your furnace. Keep the area around your furnace clear of storage items, trash, and other items that could be fire hazards.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your furnace is ready for the colder weather and that it will keep you warm and comfortable all season long.
Schedule a seasonal tune-up. It’s a good idea to have your furnace tuned up by a professional HVAC technician once a year. This will help to ensure that your furnace is running efficiently and safely. If you have an older system, now is a good time to get pricing on a replacement. If your furnace is more than 10 years old, it may be time to replace it. A new furnace will be more energy-efficient and will last longer than an older furnace.
Schedule a seasonal tune-up. It’s a good idea to have your furnace tuned up by a professional HVAC technician once a year. This will help to ensure that your furnace is running efficiently and safely.
If you have any questions or concerns about your furnace, please contact the professionals at Comfort Masters. We’re here to help you keep your home warm and comfortable all season long. Comfort Masters is your trusted source for HVAC services in Las Vegas. We offer a wide range of services, including furnace repair and replacement, air conditioning repair and replacement, and indoor air quality testing and improvement. Call us today at (702) 869-8093 to schedule an appointment.